NOTE: Property managers who want to manage 5 or more of their Hostfully properties on Booking.com are required to have a Legal Entity ID. Please follow the instructions at Booking.com Legal Entity ID to acquire and input one.
NOTE: If you already have a property on Booking.com, you can locate the 7-digit Booking ID (and name) on the top left corner of your Extranet. If not, you can refer to this helpful article for more details.
1. To get started, on Booking.com Extranet, head to Account > Connectivity provider
2. If you are already connected to a channel manager, de-activate it using the Deactivate button (you can re-activate later if need be). If not, skip to the next step.
3. Click on the Search button to start selecting your channel manager.
4. Next, choose Hostfully in the list of Channel Management providers, and click Next
5. Next, validate Hostfully as the channel manager for a two-way connection by accepting the XML Service Agreement:
6. And then you will get to the screen Status of the connection request:
At this step in the process, you will have to wait for the approval of your property.
7. Now let’s head to your Hostfully account, go to the top-right menu, select Channels, then turn ON the Booking.com channel, as shown below:
9. On the Booking.com channel page, activate the properties you want to manage via Hostfully. If the property already exists on Booking.com, enter the Booking.com ID for that property. If the property does not yet exist on Booking.com, click on Create new property on Booking.com
HOW BOOKING.COM WORKS WITH PAYMENT PROCESSING:
Please see the following diagram on how Hostfully PMP enables Booking.com reservations to be charged automatically through the Stripe payment processing system:
REQUESTING THAT BOOKING.COM PROVIDE CVC CODES
As per the above diagram, the way Booking.com and Hostfully interact is that Booking.com sends Hostfully's API some financial information for payments to be processed. If the Booking.com guest has provided credit card information including CVC codes to Booking.com, the payment should go through fine with the payment processor you selected on Hostfully. If they have not provided CVC codes, most likely the payment will fail.
What you need to do to increase the quality of inquiries you get from Booking.com, is to contact Booking.com's team and ask them that they set up your Booking.com account to require CVC codes from guests. This will drastically increase the chances that processed payments will succeed.
REQUESTING ADDRESS DETAILS FROM BOOKING.COM GUESTS
Sometimes payment providers (like VRP for example) require the full address alongside the CC information to do the payment. Without the address details, the charge may fail.
Please note that property can select “Your guests must provide their address details when they book” on the Guest Information section on the extranet (Property tab> Policies). However, the system probably cannot control if the full address is provided.
3. HANDLING MULTI-ROOMS RESERVATION.
Unlike other channels, Booking.com allows guests to book multi-rooms for their stay. Unfortunately, Hostfully does not support this type of reservation. As an alternative, we will send a notice upon booking confirmation to the email set in PMP’s Agency Settings and PM can take action accordingly.
Booking confirmed: Hostfully will block the 1st room in the reservation automatically, the 2nd or 3rd room will have to be added manually by PM.
Modifying reservation: Hostfully will update the 1st room, the 2nd or 3rd room would need to be updated manually.
Cancellation: Hostfully will remove the 1st room along with the reservation, the 2nd or 3rd room would need to be removed manually.