NOTE: Before starting the integration process with booking.com, please ask booking.com for your Legal Entity ID. This number is provided by them and is a requirement for the integration. Contact booking.com through the Extranet.
- To get started, on your Booking.com Extranet, head to Account > Channel Manager:
2. If you are already connected to a channel manager, de-activate it using the Deactivate button (you can re-activate later if need be). If not, skip to next step.
3. Click on the Start button to start selecting your channel manager.
4. Next, choose Hostfully in the list of Channel Management providers, and click Next
5. Next, validate Hostfully as the channel manager for a two-way connection by accepting the XML Service Agreement:
6. And then you will get to the screen Status of the connection request:
At this step in the process, you will have to wait for approval of your property.
7. Now let’s head to your Hostfully account, go to top-right menu, select Channels, then turn ON the Booking.com channel, as shown below:
8. Enter your Legal Entity ID (see NOTE at the top of this article) and set your Booking.com Cancelation Policy.
9. On the Booking.com channel page, activate the properties you want to manage via Hostfully. If the property already exists on Booking.com, enter the Booking.com ID for that property. If the property does not yet exist on Booking.com, click on Create new property on Booking.com
HOW BOOKING.COM WORKS WITH PAYMENT PROCESSING:
Please see the following diagram on how Hostfully PMP enables Booking.com reservation to be charged automatically through the Stripe payment processing system:
IMPORTANT: REQUESTING THAT BOOKING.COM PROVIDE CVC CODES
As per the above diagram, the way Booking.com and Hostfully interact is that Booking.com sends Hostfully's API some financial information in order for payments to be processed. If the Booking.com guest has provided credit card information including CVC codes to Booking.com, the payment should go through fine with the payment processor you selected on Hostfully. If they have not provided CVC codes, most likely the payment will fail.
What you need to do in order to increase the quality of inquiries you get from Booking.com, is to contact Booking.com's team and ask them that they set up your Booking.com account to require CVC codes from guests. This will drastically increase the chances that processed payments will succeed.