STEP 1: UNDERSTAND THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
With this integration, Hostfully will automatically synchronize your property data, photos, rates (even dynamic rates if you have them enabled) and availability to HomeAway.
- The HomeAway API integration is available only for Hostfully users who have 5 or more listings. This is a limitation from HomeAway, not Hostfully.
- The HomeAway API does not provide a way to import historical bookings (bookings created in the past, for past or future stays).
- If you're not currently connected to another Property Management System (PMS), we recommend importing the property iCals into Hostfully in order to bring in existing reservations.
MANAGING 1 to 5 LISTINGS
At this point, HomeAway does not allow the on-boarding of businesses managing fewer than 5 listings.
MANAGING 5 LISTINGS AND MORE
When listing more than 5 properties, your listings will be listed on your own HomeAway account. Once the channel is activated, it will automatically synchronize all your data (property data including images, booking rules, pricing data, availability data)
STEP 2: GET STARTED WITH THE HOSTFULLY CHANNEL MANAGER
Navigate to your Channels page
This can be found through the drop-down menu under your agency profile tab:
STEP 3: TURN ON THE HOMEAWAY CHANNEL INTEGRATION
The Integration is not immediate. After turning the channel ON you'll be contacted by a HomeAway representative before the connection is established.
If you would like to adjust the rate for your listings on HomeAway, you may do so with the Rate multiplier:
STEP 4: SET UP YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
The HomeAway Channel Management page provide a selector that allows user to select their favourite Cancellation Policy:
Here are the standardized cancellation policies available:
- Firm: Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive 50% refund
- Moderate: Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 14 days before the start of stay will receive 50% refund
- No Refund: no refund
- Relaxed: Bookings canceled at least 14 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 7 days before the start of stay will receive 50% refund
- Strict: Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund
STEP 5: ANSWER INQUIRIES ON HOMEAWAY
Inquiries send through HomeAway and affiliated sites (Vrbo, Abritel etc) will have to be processed via the HomeAway Inbox. For direct reservations, the bookings will show directly on the Hostfully dashboard.
Once bookings are made on HomeAway, they will automatically appear on booking dashboard and on your multi-property calendar. They will be automatically synchronized to all the other calendars you connected to Hostfully.
On your calendar, HomeAway bookings will appear in dark blue, as below:
For more information on activating distribution, please refer to:
If you have any question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.