- The HomeAway API integration is available for Hostfully users in the US and Australia with any number of properties.
- For other countries, there is a minimum requirement of 5 properties for the integration.
IMPORTANT: Once integrating with Hostfully and VRBO, Instant Book on VRBO is required.
(You can also access a step-by-step integration document here:
STEP 1: UNDERSTAND THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
With this integration, Hostfully will automatically synchronize your property data, photos, rates (even dynamic rates if you have them enabled) and availability to HomeAway.
- The HomeAway API does not provide a way to import historical bookings (bookings created in the past, for past or future stays).
- If you're not currently connected to another Property Management System (PMS), we recommend importing the property iCals into Hostfully in order to bring in existing reservations.
- Vrbo/HomeAway requires you to either have a payment processor enabled (see article) and be the merchant of record for transactions OR to setup invoice payment methods (see article). They do not act as merchant of record, do not collect payment from the guest (with the exception of the traveler fee), and do not pay the PM. The PM must collect the funds from the guest directly and handle any refunds.
Your listings will be listed on your own HomeAway account. Once the channel is activated, it will automatically synchronize all your data (property data including images, booking rules, pricing data, availability data)
STEP 2: GET STARTED WITH THE HOSTFULLY CHANNEL MANAGER
Navigate to your Channels page
This can be found through the drop-down menu under your agency profile tab:
STEP 3: TURN ON THE HOMEAWAY CHANNEL INTEGRATION
Once you turn the channel on, you will need to fill out this form to instantly integrate with Vrbo. (The first link in the below screenshot)
As a back up option, the old form, once being filled, a HomeAway representative will be in touch in couple days time before the connection is established. Here is the link for "slow" integration, which is the latter link in the above screenshot.
If the Vrbo team asks for your advertiser ID, you can find it at the very bottom of the Agency Settings page in light grey.
If you would like to adjust the rate for your listings on HomeAway, you may do so with the Rate multiplier:
STEP 4: SET UP YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
The HomeAway Channel Management page provide a selector that allows user to select their preferred Cancellation Policy:
Here are the standardized cancellation policies available:
- Firm: Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive 50% refund
- Moderate: Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 14 days before the start of stay will receive 50% refund
- No Refund: no refund
- Relaxed: Bookings canceled at least 14 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 7 days before the start of stay will receive 50% refund
- Strict: Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund
STEP 5: SETUP INVOICE PAYMENT METHODS (Required if NOT using a supporting Payment Processor)
Invoice Payment Methods allow you to bill guests after they complete the booking on Vrbo. This can be useful if you are in a region that isn’t supported by our Payment Processors or if you would like guests to pay using non-credit card payment methods, especially those that Vrbo doesn’t support.
Invoice Payment methods can replace the Payment Processor configuration or can be used in addition to accepting credit card transactions directly from Vrbo. If both are configured, the guest will be able to choose which method they prefer at Vrbo checkout time.
If you are not using a Payment Processor compatible with the Vrbo integration, you must have invoice payment methods selected.
STEP 6: ANSWER INQUIRIES ON HOMEAWAY
Inquiries send through HomeAway and affiliated sites (Vrbo, Abritel etc) will have to be processed via the HomeAway Inbox. For direct reservations, the bookings will show directly on the Hostfully dashboard.
Once bookings are made on HomeAway, they will automatically appear on booking dashboard and on your multi-property calendar. They will be automatically synchronized to all the other calendars you connected to Hostfully.
On your calendar, HomeAway bookings will appear in dark blue, as below: