Setting Up Owner Accounts
Using the Owner Portal
Sharing Booking Reports with Owners
Logging Owner Expenses
Hostfully allows vacation rental management companies (VRMCs) to share booking reports with the owners of the properties they manage.
Here are the steps to create and publish booking reports on the owners' portals:
STEP 1: create a booking report from the Reports page
- select the owner from the owner's list (red arrow below)
- select the dates to use for the booking report (orange arrows below):
STEP 2: generate a booking statement
Once you have the report you want showing booking data for particular dates for one of your owners, click on the Generate Statement button:
Once the statement is generated, the following page will show:
Note that the statement can be broken down in 3 sections:
- the Booking Report will show all bookings across platforms, and will automatically compute fees, taxes and commission structure. It can also show multiple currencies.
- the Owner Expense Report will show all expenses incurred by your company in regards to maintenance of the owner's property, and will be charged to the owner
- the Financial Report is essentially showing the net due to owners (booking payout net of commission fees and net of owner expenses)
Note that the report can be exported as a PDF or Excel document (orange arrow).
STEP 3: publish the statement to the owner's account
Once the statement is generated, you can publish the statement on the Owner's portal account. Click the "Share with Owner" button (red arrow above). On the pop-up window (below), you can do the following things:
- adjust the title of the statement
- select to notify the owner of the published statement (owner will be notified by email)
- when ready, just click the Share button and the statement will be shared to the owner's portal:
On the owner's portal, the published statements will show under the Statements menu.
Reviewing the published statements
All statement which are actively published to owners will show under the Owner Statement tabs:
Removing a statement from the owner's account
If you wish to un-publish a statement and effectively remove if from the owner's portal list of statements, just click the Delete button for the corresponding statement (red arrow above)