Hostfully has recently extended their integration with Viator to provide more attractions and activities automatically to your guidebooks.
These recommendations will appear in the "Attractions" and "Activities" tabs on your guidebooks automatically, if we have any within 25 miles of your guidebook location.
By default we show up to 8 of these recommendations in and among your own recommendations in the area, and they allow guests to purchase tickets for various tours and activities in the area through our partner Viator.
Paid Guidebook Platform subscribers (with a Power Host subscription or higher) can adjust how many of these recommendations show up by adding a theme to their guidebook (or editing the theme they are already using). This is similar to removing the ground transportation or baby equipment rental sections from your guidebook.
To do this follow these steps:
- Click the "Themes" link in the main navigation of your host interface (this section is only available to paid users)
- Create a new theme or edit an existing theme from the list
- Name the theme so you can reference it later in your guidebooks
- Scroll down to the section labelled "Are there any other settings you wish to change?"
- In this section there will be a dropdown box labeled "Sponsored Recommendations to show" with options for 24, 18, 12, 6, 4, 2, and NONE.
- Choose which Guidebooks to apply this theme to in the section labelled "Which templates or guidebooks should this card appear on?"
- Save the theme card.