The Property Management Platform is very powerful and has many features. It is important to consider a variety of aspects of your business when onboarding, so that you correctly configure your settings to work best for your business.
Below are a list of questions that you should cover with your Onboarding Specialist:
Questions to consider during set up:
- Are you already using another PMS to manage property data?
- What is the system of record for your property data?
- Do you have any inactive properties?
- Are you using certain channels for only some of your properties?
- Do you have any special fees by property?
- Are you the owner of these properties?
- If you are not the owner of your properties, do you want to give calendar and reporting access to the owners you work with?
- Who is the main point of contact at your company who will manage property details?
Special circumstances if you're using Airbnb:
- Are you a Co-Host?
- Are any of your listings Airbnb Plus?
- Do any of your properties require a master / sub-unit structure? (This is where one listing has smaller listings “inside”, so that when the smaller listing is booked, the larger listing needs to be blocked. We call this a “parent-child relationship” for listings.)