The Templates and Triggers system comes with powerful tools that will help you monitor the messaging activity that happens behind the scene, so you're always in control of you communication with guests, owners, service providers and staff.
1- Monitoring Scheduled Messages
The Templates and Triggers > Scheduled Messages section will allow you to see all the messages that have been scheduled to be sent by the system. You can use the [Delete] option (option #1# below) to remove a scheduled message from the sending queue if needed.
Note that the system will automatically un-schedule relevant messages in case of booking cancellations, and re-schedule the messages in case of relevant alterations to a reservation.
2- Monitoring Sent Messages and Sent Failures
The Templates and Triggers > Message Log section will allow you to review Custom Templates and some triggered system messages like:
a. Hold Reminder
b. Balance Due / Expired Booking
c. Pre Check-in
d. Capture Review
The Message Log provides the following options:
2. Search for particular messages by name
3. Search for particular messages by dates
4. Filter messages by Success or Failure status
3. Resending Messages
The system will also provide an explanation about failures when they occur, in the "Fail Info" column, and the ability to resend a (Success-status) message, as well as retry a (Failure-status) message.
- Resend is only for custom templates and triggers that are attached to a lead (won’t work for property and job triggers). Resend will also not work for system templates.
- Once the Vacation Rental Manager (VRM) uses the resend feature, the message is no longer tied to the trigger ID but that is not apparent in the message log UI.
- If the trigger is being retried, then the message will be sent again to all of the recipients. So if the trigger had 3 recipients and sending message failed for 1 one of them, retrying the trigger will send message to all three recipients (for two of those it’s gonna be 2nd message sent).
- For VRM with integrated smart lock, PINcodes are not necessarily generated immediately. Depending on the PINcode provider, there may be a delay. Hostfully’s Template and Trigger system will wait up to 3 hours for PINcodes to populate. If after 3 hours the PINcode is still not available then the message will fail. Please work with your PINcode provider to understand their specific response time.